We’ve announced today that 20+ sponsors have confirmed participation in the 2014 Festival which include the following: (click here for the actual press release)
- Lagunitas Brewing Company
- Whole Foods Market
- Gaslight Group
- One West Victory
- Barefoot Wine: Official Festival Wine Sponsor
- Green Truck Pub: Supporting Sponsor and Backstage Sponsor
- Bragg Jam Music Festival: City Coffee Stage Sponsor
- The Thunderbird Inn: Official Band Hotel for 4th year!
- Savannah Morning News/Do Savannah: Moon River Stage Sponsor, Ellis Square participating sponsor
- Savannah Magazine: Opening Night Event Sponsor
- Connect Savannah: Local Bands Sponsor
- WJCL/WTGS: Festival Broadcast Sponsor
- Q105.3: Festival Radio and Stopover Hour Sponsor (the station will broadcast a Stopover Midnight Radio Hour on Thursday, February 20th featuring Stopover bands)
- Georgia Council for the Arts
- Georgia Film, Music & Digital Entertainment Office
- Blick Art Materials
- Longbeard Electric & Integrated Systems
- Capital A Productions
- Gretsch Drums
The Stopover team announced today that Nashville’s Torres has been added to the 2014 Festival lineup, headlining City Coffee on Saturday, March 8th. The critically acclaimed singer song-writer has been compared to the likes of Cat Power and PJ Harvey. Her 2013 debut album garnered stellar reviews from Pitchfork, NME and many others.
Torres: Bio Page
Also added is Brooklyn’s Team Spirit fronted by Ayad Al Adhamy of Passion Pit fame. The foursome just released a Daytrotter session featuring two tracks from their forthcoming debut album on VICE Records/Warner Brothers. The band will bring the raucous brand of rock and roll to Hang Fire on Thursday, March 6th.
Team Spirit: Bio Page
Savannah favorites Velvet Caravan, hot off of their new album release party on February 1st, have also been confirmed to play the festival. They’ll kick things off at Moon River’s outdoor venue on Saturday, March 8th. (bio coming soon)
These additions have triggered a few changes to the Stopover Schedule so make sure you check the sched for the latest and greatest.
A few other things to note: three bands have had to change their schedules around for March, forcing them to miss their Stopover dates. The UK’s THUMPERS now has to fly straight into SXSW and Eternal Summers and GEMS had to re-route their plans. We hope to see them all at Stopover V in 2015!
Back by popular demand, this is our second year using Sched* as our scheduling platform and we are excited! What we love about Sched* is the ability to customize your own personal schedule and it’s ease of use across mobile and online outlets.
Here is the link to our schedule or click on Schedule above on our top navigation bar: savannahstopover.com/schedule
Below are a few tips and guidelines to use our schedule:
- Hover over the “Schedule” tab to view 4 different layouts (By Venue, Grid Form, etc.).
- To customize your own personal schedule, first sign up or log in (It’s super easy to sign in with Facebook). Then, start adding your favorite shows by clicking on the circle next to your must-see act. A check mark will appear by all the shows you’ve picked.
- To view your personal schedule hover over your profile picture at the top left corner and select “My Sched”
- You can share your schedule with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or just an email by clicking the respective buttons on the top right corner.
- Here is the mobile web app for your smartphone/tablet: 2014 Schedule Mobile Web App. Be sure to save it as a bookmark on your home screen so you have quick access to it wherever you are.
We know you have some tough decisions to make so check out all our band bios, listen to our playlist and start creating your own schedule now! Have fun!
We are excited to announce that we have confirmed a few more bands to this years lineup! We’ve been able to lock down London’s THUMPERS, a great new band recently signed to Sub Pop Records. Get ready for their debut album, February 11th!
In other news, Easter Island had to change their spring plans and are unable to make it to Savannah for Stopover but we’ve got a twofer replacement that we are beyond excited to bring ya’ll! Please welcome New Yorkers Black Taxi and Brothertiger to the fold. They’re gonna make you dance.
Also, stay tuned for the full schedule next week. The three new bands that will be a part of #StopoverIV are:
- Black Taxi
Click to find out more about these bands!
We are excited to announce our official 2014 lineup! Be sure to check out our lineup page here, where you’ll find music, videos and links on all 90+ bands.
Stay tuned for the schedule in the coming weeks.